Translate

January 17, 2013

Meet the Author: Samantha LaFantasie


It's a wonderful opportunity to be included in something like this. I feel so honored. Here is a little bit about me.

Name

Samantha LaFantasie

Hometown

I was born in Wichita, Kansas but currently live in Derby, Kansas

Author of

Heart Song and, coming soon, Made to Forget, Nepherium Novella Part One, as well as, Fated, An Ithia Novel, Book One

Why I like reading fantasy

I like reading fantasy because of the way it stretches the imagination and takes me to different worlds. I love how it is an escape from reality.

Why I like writing fantasy

I like writing fantasy for very much the same reasons I enjoy reading it. It’s a part of me. My mind works in fantastic ways and with fantastic ideas. I love the stories.

Fantasy books/authors I enjoy

I always have to give credit to a couple of authors who instilled in me the desire to read, and they are Margaret Weiss and Tracey Hickman. They’re the authors of the Dragonlance Chronicles.  Until them, I read because I had and very seldom because I wanted to.
When I was in High school, I thought I would grow up to become
A number of things.  First three were, teacher, actress, and singer.  They all changed routinely with how I felt.  Still do.

I’ve been writing since

I want to say I wrote my first story, a rendition of Aladdin, when I was in 1993. It was written for my mom on an old typewriter. From there I wrote songs, poetry, and many years after, stories.

My greatest accomplishments so far as a writer

I want to say that my greatest accomplishment is the fact that I wrote a book and published it. It’s a dream come true for me. To have positive reviews and see how well it has been received is even more of an accomplishment.  Being including in a career that involves my favorite authors is just icing on the cake. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad to have you, Samantha. My husband introduced me to Dragonlance nearly 10 years ago, and I devoured the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy to do, right? I so love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to 'meet' you, Samantha. The group consists of so many ages and life stories.

    ReplyDelete